Episode 72: Money-Saving Advice People Wish They’d Known During Their Divorce –– With Rosalia Labate
When planning for a divorce, you’re planning for the rest of your life. Do you know how to make the best financial choices for your future?
Today, Larry Heller is joined by Rosalia Labate, a forensic financial analyst who guides people through the financial aspects of a divorce, about how to avoid common mistakes that end up costing people more money in the end and leaving them with financial regrets after their divorce.
Rosalia teaches you how to prepare for a divorce if you haven’t been involved in the finances during your marriage, the advantages of working with a forensic financial analyst before meeting with your attorney, and more in this information-packed episode.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What mistake causes people to waste a lot of money early in the divorce process
- Why working with a forensic financial analyst –– not just an attorney –– can save you money during a divorce
- How a business is valuated during a divorce, according to New York State law (and why the pre-marriage value of a business isn’t included)
- How to avoid the top financial mistakes that people make during a divorce
- Must-haves when hiring a forensic financial analyst
- And more!
Tune in for proven advice on how to make the best financial choices for your future.